Read the New Employee Online Orientation and Benefit Enrollment flyer to get started.
The New Employee Benefit Book contains important information needed to make benefit enrollment decisions. Please contact the Health Care & Benefits Division with any additional questions.
2017 New Employee Orientation Video
Each employee receives a monthly contribution toward their benefit elections, called State Share. If your benefit elections exceed the State Share contribution, you pay the difference. The monthly benefit contribution above State Share is automatically deducted from your bi-weekly pay check.
Employees who enroll in the State of Montana Benefit Plan(State Plan), must enroll in the core benefits listed below:
- Medical Plan (includes prescription drug coverage and an annual eye exam),
- Dental Plan, and
- Basic life insurance ($14,000)
Optional benefits you may choose in addition to core benefits include:
- Medical and/or dental coverage for dependents,
- Vision Hardware Plan,
- Additional life insurance for you and/or your dependents,
- Long-term Disability (LTD) Plan,
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) coverage, and
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and/or dependent care.
How to Enroll
1. Log into MINE: http://mine.mt.gov
2. Click “Employee Self Service.”
3. Click “Montana Welcome Page.”
4. Complete the steps in order. Watch the videos as they contain important orientation information.
Note: DO NOT complete the “Life Beneficiary Designation” step before completing “Benefits Enrollment” as this can cause the system to malfunction.
For access from home:
1. Go to the State Employee Access page at www.mt.gov/employee
2. Click on the MINE Employee Self Service Portal
3. Follow the directions above for access from MINE
You should receive I.D. cards within six weeks of enrolling in benefits. Please contact HCBD at (406) 444-7462, (800) 287-8266, TTY (406) 444-1421, or email@example.com if you need to receive treatment prior to receipt of your I.D. cards.
If you choose to waive coverage and do not wish to participate in the State Plan benefits offered, you will also be waiving the monthly employer contribution (State Share).You need to complete the benefit enrollment process and indicate waive for each benefit type.