Goals and Objectives 2023 Biennium
Department Mission: To serve as the backbone of state government by providing leading edge services to our customers and business partners.
Division Mission: To administer competitive, quality, and comprehensive benefits that provide health, safety and financial protection for state employees, retirees, and their families in a cost-effective manner.
Goal: Maintain financial stability of the state employee health benefits fund.
- Manage State of Montana Benefit Plan (State Plan) spend for medical, prescription, dental, and vision claims at or below national trends.
- Implement strategic programs designed to improve member health and minimize State Plan spend.
- Work with State Plan vendors to develop cost reimbursement methods that provide fair reimbursement for necessary services.
- Use data analytics to measure program performance and identify evidence-based program solutions.
Goal: Reduce the number of state employee work-related injuries and the associated costs.
- Implement enhanced safety efforts to reduce risk of employee injury in all agencies.
- Increase Return-to-Work placements in all agencies.
- Coordinate with our vendors to develop strategies that address occupational health and safety.
- Provide increased employee awareness of health and safety activities and behaviors that reduce risk of injury and loss time from work.
Goal: Educate, inform, and engage members about their health and benefits.
- Implement strategies to improve and maintain employee health and access to health care, while containing costs.
- Coordinate events and incentives to empower employees to manage their health.
- Coordinate with State Plan vendors to provide increased employee awareness of healthy behaviors and available health resources.
- Enhance the Montana Health Center model to provide for integrated primary, behavioral, and preventive care services.
- Collaborate with State agencies and State Plan vendors to pilot programs designed to enhance member health and awareness.