Goals and Objectives 2017 Biennium
Department Mission: To serve, satisfy, and support our customers.
Division Mission: To administer competitive and comprehensive benefits that provide financial protection for state employees, retirees, and their families in a cost effective manner.
Goal: Deliver financial stability of the state employee health benefits fund.
- Manage combined medical and pharmacy trend for active employees and non-Medicare retirees at or below national trends.
Goal: Reduce the number of State employee work related and associated costs.
- Reduce the number of injuries through enhanced safety efforts.
- Increase the Return to Work (RTW) placements.
- Develop new strategies to address occupational health for State employees.
Goal: Educate and inform members about their health and benefits.
- Coordinate events to empower employees to manage their health.
- Coordinate with our vendors to provide increased employee awareness of healthy behaviors and available health resources.
- Expand and develop Behavioral Health/EAP services to employees.
Goal: Create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce.
- Promote professional growth and developement opportunities through improved employee recruitment, selection, retention, and training.
- Provide basic training and education to develop and maintain employees’ knowledge and skills.
- Create and foster a work environment where employees are engaged.