Goals and Objectives 2021 Biennium
Department Mission: To serve as the backbone of state government by providing leading edge services to our customers and business partners.
Division Mission: To administer competitive and comprehensive benefits that provide financial protection for state employees, retirees, and their families in a cost-effective manner.
Goal: Maintain financial stability of the state employee health benefits fund.
- Manage medical and pharmacy State Plan benefit costs at or below national trends.
Goal: Reduce the number of state employee work-related injuries and the associated costs.
- Implement enhanced safety efforts to reduce injuries.
- Increase the Return-to-Work placements.
- Develop strategies to address state employee occupational health.
Goal: Educate, inform, and engage members about their health and benefits.
- Improve strategies to improve and maintain employee health and access to health care, while containing costs.
- Coordinate events and incentives to empower employees to manage their health.
- Coordinate with our vendors to provide increased employee awareness of healthy behaviors and available health resources.
- Implement Medication Therapy Management Program for State Plan members, in partnership with Montana Family Pharmacies and the University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy.