Update your life insurance beneficiaries online! It is important that you follow the steps below to ensure your life beneficiary designations are up to date.
Part 1: Access the System
Visit www.benefits.mt.gov, click on the green existing member benefits changes button and login by entering your user name and password. (If accessing on the State of Montana network, you will automatically enter the system and will not be required to register.)
Part 2: Updating Your Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation
1. Click Change My Benefits.
2. Click Basic Info.
3. Select Change Of Beneficiary.
4. Enter effective date of the beneficiary change.
5. Click Start Change.
6. Select primary or contingent beneficiary for each life insurance election (Basic Life, Supplemental Life I, Supplemental Life II, and Optional AD & D).
7. Enter percentage amount in the allocation field. The total allocation for primary and contingent must equal 100%.
8. Click Next and Approve.
9. Click I Agree.
10. Your transaction is complete and a confirmation number is displayed.
11. Click Home or Logout.