Plan A – Basic Life
- Core benefit for state employees
- $14,000 of term-life coverage
Plan B – Dependent Life
- Available during 31-day enrollment period, or within the first 60 days of marrying or having your first child
- $2,000 of coverage for a spouse
- $1,000 of coverage per dependent child.
Plan C – Optional Employee Life
- Available during 31-day enrollment period without EOI1 up to the member’s annual salary.
- Enrollment after the 31 days requires EOI1.
- Minimum of your annual salary rounded to the next highest $5,000 up to $500,000 with EOI1.
- During Annual Change, those employees with existing Plan C coverage may add an extra $5,000 or $10,000 to their coverage without EOI1 each year up to the cap of $500,000 .
Plan D – Optional Spouse Life
- May make a NEW election of Plan D coverage of up to $10,000 without EOI1 during 31-day enrollment period and annual change.
- Employee must be enrolled in Plan C for the spouse to be eligible for Plan D.
- Spouse’s rate is based on the employee’s age, not the spouse’s age.
- Coverage is for a minimum of $5,000.
- Additional amounts are available in $5,000 increments, up to the amount of optional employee Plan C.
- If increasing to existing coverage EOI1 required
Plan E – Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Available without EOI1.
- Employee Only: $25,000-$500,000 in increments of $25,000 up to 10 times your annual salary rounded down to the next $25,000.
- Employee and Dependents: A spouse with no children is eligible for 50% of the employee coverage. A spouse with children is eligible for 40% of the employee coverage. Children are eligible for 10% of the employee coverage.
1Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is a medical application to prove good health.