Healthy For Life - Self-Study Option: PLEASE NOTE: We will be starting a new LIVE session on Thursday April 8. We will record each webinar and add them to this site as we go, one new webinar each week. You can participate in a self-study program anytime after the recordings are updated, or you can join the live session that starts April 8 by clicking HERE. You may also want to consider an alternate option benefits.mt.gov/Live-Life-Well/Wellness-Programs/Weight-Management
Healthy For Life (HFL) Self-Study is a one year long online program offered by the Health Care & Benefits Division (HCBD). There is no cost associated with this program.
Developed by a registered dietitian, HFL closely mirrors the Diabetes Prevention Program structure. This program is designed to reduce the impact of many chronic diseases connected to body weight and improve quality of life. It is for those who are ready to make the commitment necessary to find their best health outcomes and body size.
Participants will watch 1-hour recorded webinars once per week for 16 weeks, then once per month for 6 months. After viewing each recorded webinar, participants must fill out the associated survey. This provides proof that the plan is followed according to the required timeline and that webinars have actually been watched. There are associated activities participants are asked to complete between each webinar. The self-study program uses previously recorded webinars along with program materials to offer an on demand, internet-based program. This program is best for those who are highly self-motivated, as it will be up to the member to translate the information given for self-study use. Anyone may begin the program at any time.
- Participation in 16 weekly educational webinars and 6 monthly webinars (22 total over one year).
- Regular, weekly self-monitored physical activity and calorie intake.
- Setting and meeting personal health goals.
- Health Coaching Available: Health coaching is not required, but you may call and request to participate in monthly one-on-one telephone consultations with a Registered Dietitian or any of the Montana Health Center health coaches: http://healthcenter.mt.gov/Health-Coaching.
- Print and read the self-study program guidelines and follow the instructions. You will use the resources linked below, so bookmark it!
These webinars feature feedback from real people and are intended to be used for your personal growth and health improvement. By clicking on the link to view the webinars, you agree to keep any inadvertent reference to real people or events entirely confidential.
Update: PLEASE NOTE: THE RECORDED WEBINARS WILL BE ADDED BACK TO THE SITE STARTING THE 3rd WEEK OF APRIL 2021.
- Welcome and Program Structure ~Week 1 Slides ~ Week 1 Survey
- Healthy Eating ~ Week 2 Slides ~Week 2 Survey
- Move It! ~ Week 3 Slides ~ Week 3 Survey
- What's In There? ~ Week 4 Slides ~Week 4 Survey
- Sleep ~ Week 5 Slides ~ Week 5 Survey
- What's Around You? ~Week 6 Slides ~ Week 6 Survey
- You Are Your Own Best Advocate ~Week 7 Slides ~ Week 7 Survey
- Trusting Yourself Part I~ Week 8 Slides ~ Week 8 Survey
- Trusting Yourself Part II ~ Week 9 Slides ~ Week 9 Survey
- Active Lifestyles ~ Week 10 Slides ~Week 10 Survey
- Personal Story of Weight Loss and Zorro Circles ~ Week 11 Slides ~Week 11 Survey
- Home Cooking ~ Week 12 Slides ~Week 12 Survey
- Activity Day: An hour to spend doing physical activity of your choice ~Week 13 Survey
- Healthy for Life ~ Week 14 Slides ~Week 14 Survey
- Taking Control of Stressors ~ Week 15 Slides ~ Week 15 Survey
- Staying in the Game ~ Week 16 Slides ~ Week 16 Survey
- Energy ~ Month 1 Slides ~ Month 1 Survey
- Meals, Recipes and More ~Month 2 Slides ~ Month 2 Survey
- Health at Every Size ~ Month 3 Slides~ Month 3 Survey
- Plateaus - Don't Panic! ~ Month 4 Slides ~ Month 4 Survey
- Holiday Strategies (Fall / Winter Session) ~ Month 5 Slides ~ Month 5 Survey OR Special Event Strategies (Spring / Summer Session) ~ Month 5 Slides ~ Month 5 Survey
- Losing Weight and Keeping It Off - A Personal Story ~ Month 6 Slides ~Month 6 Survey
- Graduation ~ Month 7 Slides ~ Month 7 Survey *PLEASE NOTE* Reimbursement has changed to the Live Life Well Healthy Weight Incentive. Please disregard the information given about reimbursement in this webinar and follow the directions HERE instead.