Life Insurance Benefit Information for Active Employees
Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- New Hires - EOI is required for Employee and Spouse Supplemental Life elections of more than 1x your annual salary.
- During Open Enrollment - EOI is required if you elect an increase of more than $10,000 to Employee Supplemental Life (Plan C), any increase to Spouse Supplemental Life (Plan D), and/or a new election of Plans C and/or D or Long Term Disability (LTD).
Complete EOI online
Print EOI form and return to The Standard Insurance Company
Basic Life Insurance
The Basic Life Insurance plan is a core benefit required for all active employees, legislators, and non-Medicare retirees. Optional life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment are available for employees, spouses, and dependents. All of these products are fully insured by The Standard.
- A member may carry all life plans until separation. At termination, no life plans may be continued through COBRA. At separation, contact The Standard for conversion or portability options.
- Plans are term life.
- They provide inexpensive protection but do not earn any cash value.
Note for those Retiring
- At retirement, only Plan A—Basic Life— can be continued until age 65 or Medicare eligible.
- If you are retiring and are eligible to port or convert some of your coverage, your rates will change.
- Coverage that you port will switch to individual term life rates, and converted coverage increases to individual whole life rates.
Life Insurance Eligibility
The Standard Insurance Company Contact List
Continued Benefits (Portability and Conversion) 1-800-378-4668
Medical Underwriting 1-800-843-7979
Life Claims 1-800-628-8600
Disability Claims 1-800-368-2859
Basic Life Insurance is a core benefit for all active employees, legislators, and non-Medicare retirees. Optional life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment are available for employees, spouses, and dependents. Refer to the Wrap Plan Document for more information on eligibility.
Contact The Standard Insurance Company at (800) 759-8702 for general questions.