Life Insurance Benefit Information for Active Employees
Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- New Hires - EOI is required for Employee and Spouse Supplemental Life elections of more than 1x your annual salary.
- During Open Enrollment - EOI is required if you elect an increase of more than $10,000 to Employee Supplemental Life (Plan C), any increase to Spouse Supplemental Life (Plan D), and/or a new election of Plans C and/or D or Long Term Disability (LTD).
Complete EOI online
Print EOI form and return to The Standard Insurance Company
Basic Life Insurance
The Basic Life Insurance plan is a core benefit required for all active employees, legislators, and non-Medicare retirees. Optional life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment are available for employees, spouses, and dependents. All of these products are fully insured by The Standard.
- A member may carry all life plans until separation. At termination, no life plans may be continued through COBRA. At separation, contact The Standard for conversion or portability options.
- Plans are term life.
- They provide inexpensive protection but do not earn any cash value.
Note for those Retiring
- At retirement, only Plan A—Basic Life— can be continued until age 65 or Medicare eligible.
- If you are retiring and are eligible to port or convert some of your coverage, your rates will change.
- Coverage that you port will switch to individual term life rates, and converted coverage increases to individual whole life rates.
Life Insurance Eligibility
Basic Life Insurance is a core benefit for all active employees, legislators, and non-Medicare retirees. Optional life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment are available for employees, spouses, and dependents. Refer to the Wrap Plan Document for more information on eligibility.