Healthy For Life - Self-Study Option:
Anyone may begin this at any time, and do it as many times as needed for success – but you MUST do it in order, over 10 months, if you want to qualify for reimbursement. If you are doing this as your Next Step Discount activity, you must have completed at least the first 16 weeks.
You will note that the benefits available through the self-study module are not the same as those that were available in the intensive program. Self-study members will be those who are highly self-directed. It will be up to you to translate the information given for your self-study use.
This program is designed to reduce the impact of many chronic diseases connected to body weight and improve quality of life. It is for those who are ready to make the commitment necessary to find their best health outcomes and body size. There is currently only one option for participation, the self-study option.
You may also use the resources on this site to supplement your own weight loss journey. Or you may choose to participate in any of the other weight management benefits.
- Participation in 16 weekly educational webinars and 6 monthly webinars (22 total over one year).
- Regular, weekly self-monitored physical activity and calorie intake.
- Setting and meeting personal health goals.
- Health Coaching Available: Health coaching is not required, but you may call and request to participate in monthly one-on-one telephone consultations with a Registered Dietitian or any of the Montana Health Center health coaches: http://healthcenter.mt.gov/Health-Coaching.
- Educational webinars, and participant resources, and food logs.
- Those who complete the 10 month program and meet the program requirements may also qualify for reimbursement of other weight-management expenses such as gym memberships and exercise equipment (see resources, below).
To participate in the Self-Study Option
Print and read the self-study program guidelines and follow the instructions. You will use the resources on this web site, so bookmark it!
These webinars feature feedback from real people and are intended to be used for your personal growth and health improvement. By clicking on the link to view the webinars, you agree to keep any inadvertent reference to real people or events entirely confidential.
These are recorded webinars, please make sure your computer speakers are turned up.
- Welcome and Program Structure ~Week 1 Slides ~ Week 1 Survey
- Healthy Eating ~ Week 2 Slides ~Week 2 Survey
- Move It! ~ Week 3 Slides ~ Week 3 Survey
- What's In There? ~ Week 4 Slides ~Week 4 Survey
- Sleep ~ Week 5 Slides ~ Week 5 Survey
- What's Around You? ~Week 6 Slides ~ Week 6 Survey
- You Are Your Own Best Advocate ~Week 7 Slides ~ Week 7 Survey
- Trusting Yourself Part I~ Week 8 Slides ~ Week 8 Survey
- Trusting Yourself Part II ~ Week 9 Slides ~ Week 9 Survey
- Active Lifestyles ~ Week 10 Slides ~Week 10 Survey
- Personal Story of Weight Loss and Zorro Circles ~ Week 11 Slides ~Week 11 Survey
- Home Cooking ~ Week 12 Slides ~Week 12 Survey
- Activity Day: An hour to spend doing physical activity of your choice ~Week 13 Survey
- Healthy for Life ~ Week 14 Slides ~Week 14 Survey
- Taking Control of Stressors ~ Week 15 Slides ~ Week 15 Survey
- Staying in the Game ~ Week 16 Slides ~ Week 16 Survey
- Energy ~ Month 1 Slides ~ Month 1 Survey
- Meals, Recipes and More ~Month 2 Slides ~ Month 2 Survey
- Health at Every Size ~ Month 3 Slides~ Month 3 Survey
- Plateaus - Don't Panic! ~ Month 4 Slides ~ Month 4 Survey
- Holiday Strategies (Fall / Winter Session) ~ Month 5 Slides ~ Month 5 Survey OR Special Event Strategies (Spring / Summer Session) ~ Month 5 Slides ~ Month 5 Survey
- Losing Weight and Keeping It Off - A Personal Story ~ Month 6 Slides ~Month 6 Survey
- Graduation ~ Month 7 Slides ~ Month 7 Survey