New Legislator Live Life Well Incentive Program
- Open to new legislators and their covered spouse/domestic partner.
- Must intend to enroll on the State of Montana Benefit Plan (State Plan) effective January 4, 2021.
- All activities must be completed by December 31, 2020.
Live Life Well Incentive
Earn $30/month off your State Plan contribution for 2020. Earn up to $60/month off your State Plan contribution if your covered spouse/domestic partner also completes the program.
To earn the New Legislator Live Life Well Incentive
- Contact HCBD to Enroll in the New Legislator Incentive - Contact HCBD to enroll in the New Legislator Incentive and get scheduled with CareHere for a State-sponsored health screening. A dedicated HCBD and CareHere representative will be available to you on November 18 from 12-5pm and November 19 from 8am-1pm, but you can call any time between now and December 31.
- Complete a State-sponsored Health Screening – Complete a State-sponsored Health Screening with CareHere by December 31, 2020.
- Self-report your Nicotine Free status and completion of an eligible Next Step Activity – Self-report that you are nicotine free or have completed an eligible alternative AND that you have completed an eligible Next Step Activity by December 31, 2020, using the Live Life Well Incentive Program New Legislator Form.
- Complete the New Legislator Incentive Form – Complete and return the enclosed Live Life Well Incentive Program New Legislator Form to HCBD using the contact information on the form. If steps 1-4 are completed by December 31, 2020, you will earn an incentive for 2021.
- State-sponsored Health Screening Appointments – If you are a new legislator and new to the State Plan, you will not be able to call CareHere for an appointment unless you have worked with HCBD (see #1 above) because you will not be an active State Plan member until January 4, 2021.
- Please call Kim Pullman, Wellness Program Manager, at 444-3809 or firstname.lastname@example.org on November 18 from 1pm-5pm or November 19 from 8am-12pm to get all the information you need to earn the New Legislator Live Life Well Incentive. You may call other days as well, but she is dedicated to you on these days.
- Kim will answer any questions you might have about how the process works. She will connect you with a CareHere representative who will create a CareHere account and schedule a State-sponsored Health Screening and/or flu shot appointment for you and/or your covered spouse/domestic partner.
- Schedule your State-sponsored health screening at a Montana Health Center location (Helena, Missoula, Anaconda, Billings, or Butte).
- Next Step Activities – You must self-report that you have completed an eligible Next Step Activity using the Live Life Well Incentive Program New Legislator Form. You may report an activity already completed, such as two provider visits, or start any of the programs outlined on the attached Live Life Well Incentive flyer. Programs vary in length, so choose one you can complete by December 31. You can self-report any eligible activity you did between November 1, 2019-December 31, 2020.
Health Center Services – Your pre-registration with CareHere only qualifies you to use Montana Health Centers for your State-sponsored health screening and flu shot. When you on enroll in the State Plan, your coverage will take effect January 4, 2021, at which time you will have full access to the Montana Health Centers in Helena, Butte, Anaconda, Billings, and Missoula.
Next Year’s Incentive Program
- If you complete all four steps (see above) by December 31, 2020 you will earn the Live Life Well Incentive for 2021.
- To earn an incentive for 2022, between January 4, 2021 and October 31, 2021 you must
- Complete a State-sponsored health screening
- Self-report that you are Nicotine Free again - this will be online - please see directions at www.benefits.mt.gov/incentive.
- Self-report that you have completed an eligible Provider Visit (this is a change from the requirements for earning an incentive for 2021). Self-reporting will be online - please see directions at www.benefits.mt.gov/incentive.
- More information can be found at www.benefits.mt.gov/incentive.
The State Plan offers the incentive program to all plan members and their enrolled spouse/domestic partner. If you think you may be unable to meet a standard of the incentive program, you may qualify for an alternative program or different means to earn the incentive. You must contact the Health Care & Benefits Division (HCBD) as soon as possible at (800) 287-8266, TTY (406) 444-1421, or email@example.com. We will work with you (and if you wish, your doctor) to design a program with the same incentive that is right for you.
We will maintain the privacy of your personally identifiable health information. Medical information that personally identifies you and that is provided through the incentive program will not be used to make decisions regarding your employment. Your health information shall only be disclosed to carry out specific activities related to the incentive program (such as responding to your request for a reasonable accommodation). You will not be asked or required to waive the confidentiality of your health information to participate or to receive an incentive. Anyone who receives your information for purposes of providing you services through the incentive program will abide by the same confidentiality requirements.
We securely maintain all electronically stored medical information we obtain through the incentive program and will take appropriate precautions to avoid a data breach. If a data breach does occur involving information you provided to us for the incentive program, we will notify you immediately. A copy of the Plan’s privacy notice is available on the HCBD website or by going to http://benefits.mt.gov/Portals/59/Documents/hipaa%20notice.pdf.