Accommodations for persons with disabilities
Health Care and Benefits Division is pleased to make reasonable accommodations for any known disability that may interfere with a person's ability to participate in public meetings.
Notify us by calling (406) 444-7462, (800) 287-8266, or TTY (406) 444-1421; e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or writing us at PO Box 200130, Helena MT 59620-0130 no later than three days prior to your screening to allow adequate time to make needed arrangements.
- Health screening schedule
- How to register with CareHere - Printable Version
- How to schedule your health screening
- How to retrieve your health screening results online
Health screenings are done by CareHere, the company that runs our Montana Health Centers. Employees, spouses, retirees and dependents on the State of Montana health plan age 18 or older are eligible for one health screening per plan year.
This program is voluntary. All personal information is kept in the strictest confidence. Click here for details on how we use your personal information.
In addition to the scheduled times on the list below, you may schedule a health screening anytime throughout the year at the Health Center. The code to register for health screenings for all locations is MANA9.
You must have an appointment for a health screening. The health centers cannot take walk-ins for health screenings.
Health Screening Must Do's
- 10 hours prior to your screening: NO food or beverages other than water and black coffee.
- 10 hours prior to your screening: NO strenuous exercise.
- Proper hydration is important. 24 hours prior to your screening: Drink plenty of water.
- If you take prescription medication: Be sure to take your medication as prescribed.
- Wear clothing with loose fitting sleeves to the screening.
- If you are diabetic: Schedule your appointment earlier in the morning so fasting time does not extend late into the morning.
- Do not attend if you are ill.
- It is okay to brush your teeth prior to the screening.
Take the results of your health screening to regular doctor’s appointments so that labs do not need to be repeated. This saves you and the plan money.
What should I expect at my health screening?
- Health screenings are provided in a private, comfortable environment. If you have any concerns, please communicate them to the health screening staff when you check in.
- With an appointment, health screenings take about 20 minutes.
- The health screening staff will draw your blood, do a height and weight measurement, calculate your BMI, and take your blood pressure and blood oxygenation.
- Your blood sample will be used to perform lab tests. The labs tests included in the screening are a Lipid Panel, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, and Complete Blood Count.
- You can download your lab test results within 2-3 days of your screening date. If you signed up to receive notifications via mail, then a copy of your results will be mailed to you. All other measurements are provided on your screening date. Click here for instructions downloading your results.
- If you have a prescription from your health care provider for thyroid or PSA tests, CareHere can add those to your screening with no additional charge. No other additional tests are available.
Was your blood pressure high when you had your health screening? If so, you may hear from the Department of Public Health and Human Services regarding their new blood pressure management program. Click for details.
To see if you qualify for the program, follow this link to the DPHHS site: https://js.hhs.mt.gov/fps/form/105