Appointments are required for all health screenings regardless of location.
Health Screening Appointment at a Montana Health Center
Health screening schedule for employees not near a Montana Health Center
Health Screening/Assessment Discount
You can save $10/month off your 2015 benefit payment by getting a State Sponsored Health Screening and completing the Cigna Online Health Assessment between Jan. 1, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2014.
Click here to learn all the details and how you can save even more!
Accommodations for persons with disabilities
Health Care and Benefits Division is pleased to make reasonable accommodations for any known disability that may interfere with a person's ability to participate in public meetings.
Notify us by calling (406) 444-7462, (800) 287-8266, or TTY (406) 444-1421; e-mailing us at email@example.com; or writing us at PO Box 200130, Helena MT 59620-0130 no later than three days prior to your screening to allow adequate time to make needed arrangements.
Health screenings are done by at the Montana Health Centers in Billings, Helena, Missoula, and Miles City and at site specific locations around the state by CareHere, the company that runs the Health Centers.
Employees, spouses, retirees and dependents on the State of Montana health plan age 18 or older are eligible for one health screening per plan year.
This program is voluntary. All personal information is kept in the strictest confidence. Click here for details on how we use your personal information.
What should I expect at my health screening?
- Screening staff will draw your blood, do a height and weight measurement, calculate your BMI, and take your blood pressure and blood oxygenation.
- Health screenings are provided in a private, comfortable environment. If you have any concerns, please communicate them to the health screening staff when you check in.
- Health screenings take about 20 minutes.
Lipid Panel, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, and Complete Blood Count
- Available online at www.carehere.com 2-3 days after your screening date.
- Click here for instructions on viewing your results online.
- If you signed up to receive notifications via mail, a copy of your results will be mailed to you in 10-14 days.
- If you have a prescription from your health care provider for thyroid or PSA tests, CareHere can add those to your screening with no additional charge. No other additional tests are available.
Health Screening DON’TS
- Don’t eat or drink food or beverages other than water and black coffee 10 hours prior to your screening.
- Don’t exercise strenuously 10 hours prior to your screening
- Do not attend if you are ill. Call or go online to www.carehere.com to cancel your appointment.
Health Screening DOs
- Do drink plenty of water 24 hours prior to your screening.
- Do take prescription medications as directed by your doctor.
- Do wear clothing with loose fitting sleeves to the screening.
- If you are diabetic: Schedule your appointment earlier in the morning so fasting time does not extend late into the morning.
- It is okay to brush your teeth prior to the screening.
- Do take the results of your health screening to regular doctor’s appointments so that labs do not need to be repeated. This saves you and the plan money.
Was your blood pressure high when you had your health screening? If so, you may hear from the Department of Public Health and Human Services regarding their new blood pressure management program. Click for details.
To see if you qualify for the program, follow this link to the DPHHS site: https://js.hhs.mt.gov/fps/form/105