Only Retirees who left the Plan between September 1, 2014 and December 31, 2016 to enroll in another health plan offering “minimum essential coverage” as defined by federal law will have a one-time opportunity to return to the Plan.
1. A Retiree wishing to re-enroll in the Plan shall notify the Plan within two (2) years of the date the Retiree waived coverage.
2. Re-enrollment is not allowed if there is any lapse in coverage.
3. Re-enrollment is not allowed if the loss of Plan coverage was due to the Retiree’s failure to pay monthly Retiree contribution payment.
4. Re-enrollment requests must include proof of other coverage along with a Retiree re-enrollment form found at www.benefits.mt.gov.
If the Retiree voluntarily terminates other coverage within the two (2) year time period:
1. The Retiree may only re-enroll during the Open Enrollment period following request for re-enrollment;
2. Plan coverage is effective January 1 of the following Plan Year.
3. The Retiree shall ensure there is not a lapse in coverage when cancelling other coverage; and
4. Only Dependents that were covered at the time the Retiree terminated the Plan are eligible to reenroll, unless otherwise allowed by Open Enrollment rules.
If the Retiree experiences an involuntary loss of other coverage within the two (2) year time period:
1. The Retiree shall re-enroll on the Plan within sixty (60) days of losing other coverage to avoid a lapse in coverage;
2. Coverage is retroactively effective to the date other coverage ends following receipt of re-enrollment forms and payment; and
3. Only Dependents that were covered at the time the Retiree terminated the Plan are eligible to reenroll and those Dependents also experienced an involuntary loss of coverage, unless otherwise allowed by Open Enrollment rules.
A Retiree’s coverage and cost options for the Plan after exercising their Retreat Right are subject to the available plans and eligibility rules of the Plan Year in which the Retiree is eligible to re-enroll.
NOTICE: If a Retiree terminates coverage after December 31, 2016, the Retiree is not eligible to re-enroll in the Plan.