Health Coaching: 5 Options
1. CareHere Health Coaches are available to State Plan members (those who can travel to a Montana Health Center) including non-Medicare eligible retirees, spouses, domestic partners, and/or dependent children in-person, over the telephone or via e-mail. CareHere Health Coaches can work with your provider and other coaches to provide seamless care for your health needs. Click HERE to watch a 3-minute video about what CareHere Health Coaches have to offer you!
CareHere Health Coaches include:
- registered dietitians,
- exercise physiologists,
- behavioral health counselors
- wellness nurses
Click here to make an appointment or to get additional information about CareHere Health Coaches. You may also contact the Montana Health Center at (855) 200-6822 for more information.
All State Plan members, including Medicare-eligible retirees and those who cannot travel to a Montana Health Center, have the following options:
2. Digital health coaching through the MyActiveHealth website. Log in at www.myactivehealth.com/som, click on “Dashboard,” then “Digital Coaching.”
3. Diabetic Education and Nutritional Counseling is available as a benefit of the State Plan medical benefit. Services provided by participating providers are paid at 100%, deductible waived with a benefit limit of 3 visits per Plan Year. Call Allegiance at (855) 999-1057 if you need help finding a Participating Provider or would like additional information regarding this benefit.
4. Medicare eligible retirees, non-Medicare eligible retirees, spouses, domestic partners, and/or dependent children outside of Montana Health Center areas can contact HCBD at (800) 287-8266 for health coaching related to diet, exercise, or lifestyle changes. Those with chronic conditions should contact Allegiance Nurse Health Coaching (#5, below) or find a participating provider in their area (#3, above).
5. Allegiance Nurse Health Coaching is provided by registered nurse health coaches telephonically for those with the chronic conditions noted below. You may receive an outreach call from Allegiance Nurse Health Coaching, or you can call (866) 458-0474 to begin.
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- chronic pain
- congestive heart failure
- coronary artery disease
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol